TSA PreCheck is a security initiative program designed to help pre-approved travelers enjoy a more comfortable journey through the airport. The program offers expedited screening at airports across the U.S. and is part of a broader intelligence-driven, risk-based approach to security. The TSA PreCheck initiative enhances aviation security and expedites the travel experience for individuals who are selected. If you are eligible and selected by the TSA to participate you will be directed to a dedicated screening lane where you may not need to take off your clothes.
Transportation Security Administration is assistant agency of the US Department of Homeland Security since the tragic events on September 11th. The main purpose of TSA is to have control over the air transport and this is the reason why they are considered to be the leaders of the airport inspection and protection process. TSA PreCheck is a program which allows low-risk travelers to by-pass the long check points at the U.S airports while providing them stable security and comfort. Other thing that may be considered as an advantage is the fact that you will stay with your shoes on your feet and nobody will ask you to take of your belt.
There is no need to say that if you have to choose you would definitely choose the option to get on your plane as fast as you can. TSA PreCheck is developed to help. The three-millionth TSA PreCheck family says it does not spend more than 5 minutes at the security lines. It sound unrealistic but it is true and it is absolutely accessible to everyone.
All passengers are eligible for expedited screening based on the secure flight passenger data that airlines are required to send to the TSA.
To become part of TSA PreCheck program you need to fill an application form in which you have to specify your personal information and answer a few more basic questions that do not cross the allowed limits of access to personal information.
Your profile information must match exactly what is listed on your TSA PreCheck application, driver’s license or the government-issued ID.
Once the selection of the collected information is completed, you will be able to have an in-person interview with program representative. During the interview you will be asked questions, a thorough examination of your judicial past will be made. You understand that it is necessary for the approved candidates to have no criminal record or not to be prosecuted for crime.
The duration of the whole process will be between ten and fifteen minutes. The decision on your application will be announced after at least 5 business days. The TSA is responsible for selecting participants on a per-flight-segment basis.
Because TSA always incorporates random security measures, customer selection for expedited screening through TSA PreCheck is determinate on a flight-by-flight basis. No one is guaranteed selection.
- You shoes. (We all know what discomfort it causes.)
- Laptop from bag. (With TSA PreCheck there is no need to worry about unpacking your personal equipment.)
- Jacket/Light outerwear. (No need to explain why this part from the airport security check is uncomfortable.)
- 3-1-1 compliant bag from carry-on. (You are allowed to bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, gels, aerosols, pastes and creams through the checkpoint . 3.4 ounces or 100ml or smaller sized containers that fit in 1 quart-sized, resalable bag may go in carry-on and through checkpoint security.)
There is also one more privilege that gives you the opportunity not to waste your time and even to delay or get stuck at the traffic before getting off at the airport waiting time is greatly reduced.
Not every candidate is approved after applying. You must be compatible with certain conditions to have the right of being a part of the program.
The appropriate candidates should be:
1. U.S. citizens
2. U.S. nationals
3. Lawful permanent residents
If you are wanted of under indictment in any military or civilian jurisdiction for any of the listed felony, you will be disqualified.
- Every military member, including those who are serving in the National Guard and the Reserves may receive TSA PreCheck benefits. (Whether their journey is of an official or personal nature.)
- Veterans and wounded service members may also take advantage of the service without being required to wear uniform.
- Family members under the age of 12 are also allowed to get faster through the expedited security check-up.Armed Forces members have to enter their 10-digit Department of Defense identification number, which is located on the back of their access card.
NEXUS is a border card or pass which allows you to visit the other side of Niagara Falls at the weekend easily and without worrying for spending too much time waiting. It is a joint Canada-United States program designed to let pre-approved travelers cross the border with plane, car or by foot.
- There are 25 interview locations
- CBP fees included
First of all you will need to bring certain documentation with you. The documents you are going to need are:
- If you are not a United States citizen, you need originals of evidence of immigration admissibility to the U.S., which you listed on your application.
- The originals of your evidence of citizenship, listed on your application.
- Evidences you have of your employment or residence (pay stab, tax returns and rent payment receipts).
- Valid state identification (or driver’s license) issued in state where applicant lives. Denials could be caused thanks to incorrectly completed applications, false personal information or previous marks on your record (DUI’s in some cases) and for any reason the CBSA or CBP do not consider reliable.Important: The NEXUS Program is managed by the CBP U.S. and the Canadian Border Service Agency. Both Canada and the United States must approve your application. Denial of an application by one of the countries is going to prevent you from being a part of the NEXUS program. Apply for Nexus Card Online
The SENTRI pass makes crossing the Mexican and U.S border as simple as crossing the street in front of your house. Self-acquiring a SENTRI pass will cost you $122.50. This is $40 more than the price of TSA PreCheck, but with fewer privileges. You may use the card only for crossing the Mexican-American border.
- There are 13 interview locations
- CBP fees included
Please declare anything you are probably going to have with you when you are crossing the border. Stuff like clothes, snowboard equipment, surfboards, camping gear etc. B If you are honest you will have no problems with your travel. As you may know food is forbidden to bring with you. The interview procedure will be much alike the NEXUS one. The same kind of document and the same kind of questions, but for using SENTRI you need to provide information about your vehicles model, year, color and Identification Number.There are no TSA PreCheck benefits included in SENTRI program!
If you are an American citizen who travels often or likes to visit different places around the world often without the almost endless waiting at the airport security process Global Entry is exactly what you need.
It is a Custom Border Protection Program which allows those who are low-risk to bypass security at international level. There are 42 airports which work with the program and almost 2 million Americans who travel undisturbed and comfortable in America and around the world.
- There are 89 interview locations.
- CBP fees included.
Global Entry program members are also automatically approved for TSA PreCheck. There is no need to apply again. Your Known Traveler Number will be on the back of your Global Entry card and will be labeled as a PASS ID.$100 for 5 years of membership! Apply for Global Entry Card Online
You get TSA Precheck, SENTRI and NEXUS advantages for only $100. It is quite profitable and it will save you a lot of money which you would give if you participate in each of these programs individually. Travelers from Germany, South Korea, Singapore, Netherland, Panama, the United Kingdom and many others are eligible to enroll for the GLOBAL ENTRY program.
It is a nine digit number on the back of your Global Entry card. It usually begins with 98. These numbers are assigned to your SENRTI, Global Entry or NEXUS membership which you will need in order to be granted access to TSA PreCheck.
When you are online purchasing airline tickets you will see a field asking you to enter need your “Known Traveler Number”, “ID” or other identifier, right before you finalize your purchase. You are wondering what to do? Just enter your KTN or PASS ID there. They are the same thing.
When you have been assigned a KTN, you should include your known traveler number in the ‘KTN’ field of each reservation you make with a participating airline. The Known Traveler Number can be added when you book your reservations online from a participating airline website or by phone with an airline reservation agent or with the travel management company reservations. It is recommended to save your KTN to any frequent flyer profiles, employer booking systems or online travel websites which you use. There is no TSA PreCheck card when approved for the program and you will not receive one. It is definitely easier.
You must be careful when you order tickets for a family or as a couple. Everyone over the age of 13 years must be a member of a Trusted Traveler program. And there will be appropriate fields to enter each person’s KTN when purchasing tickets as a group. If you enter only one Known Traveler Number, only one will receive TSA PreCheck. It seems that members of Global Entry program are being given access to TSA PreCheck more often than those with TSA PreCheck’s program only. This is really something important to consider.
We gave you every single piece of information for TSA PreCheck. All the benefits, the denials, price and steps for how to apply and how to be approved. If you look at the overall picture options for endless choice, but ultimately it turns out that you get the TCA along with many more benefits and advantages with the help of Global Entry.
For one hundred dollars you receive 5-years membership and comfortable traveling around the United States, Canada, Mexico and around world with so many advantages. You save money and most importantly - you save time. And time is priceless and we bet that you don’t want to spend much of it at the airport or at some international border.
Last modified:August 25th, 2017
© 2019 - All Rights with Trusted Traveler Service